Honey Nut Brown Ale Recipe

I just brewed a Honey Nut Brown on Sunday. It is going well, now i have to add honey at high krausen. The recipe calls for 3/4 lb of honey boiled in water to the same OG that the beer was (1.062). Any ideas as far as a honey to water ratio to hit this gravity? I only need to boil for 20 min or so to sanitize so not much evaporation. I hope this isnt going to be a trial and error thing since i will get a different reading once the boil cools… any ideas or pointer would be appreciated, I will be doing this tonight as the beer is close to peak fermentation.

When I brew a honey beer I add it to the wort just after I turn off the heat.
If you boil the honey you’ll lose a lot of the honey aromatics. Lots of mead makers don’t even heat the honey and just mix it with water.
You could also wait until the primary fermentation is done and add the honey to the secondary, it will start fermenting again.

I got the recipe from the wisconsin honey board and that’s what it called for. I was able to hit the right OG of the honey water mix through trial and error… I’m sure it changed once I cooled the water as everything became more dense… will I lose any honey flavor? I was hoping for a very subtle behind the scenes honey flavor