I figured there were two routes to take when formulating the recipe, use only the amount of honey I have which will determine the batch size or use my honey in a standard sized recipe but augment with other honey. The latter fits more with your suggestion and I could add clover honey. Unfortunately, it will be awhile until things settle down enough to get serious.
On a different note I have an update for you Baritone. Last winter you answered some questions I had on my wife’s and my first batch of wine. The morning I went down to degass and clarify it I discovered we had water in our basement again. In the melee of cleanup which lasted for days the wine suffered from neglect and mishandling. Airlock was knocked off and water from the floor was accidentally slopped in. We finally bit the bullet and decided to have drain tile put in and finish the basement. Knowing it would be months and moving almost everything into a storage unit I knew there would be no time for dealing with it and also with the water getting into it I made the tough decision to dump it. I tasted it and the best I can describe was a vinegary presence and it had some small white floatys on top. Let me say, if that is the worst thing happening in my life I’m very fortunate.
I can’t wait until the project is DONE so I can get back to brewing and try vinting again.
Thanks for the great help,