Honey Brown Ale

Ok im on my 3rd batch i just cracked open my first brew a smoked porter taste like heaven i have a cream ale on the way and i was thinking about order the Honey Brown Ale but i would like to up the AC to at least 6 percent so i would like some recommendations to balance the extra malt with the hops im not a fan of sweet beer i just dont want to make it so bitter no one else will drink it with me lol

Thanks for your help

Punctuation is your friend. :wink:

[quote=“Cfhbones”]Ok, I’m on my 3rd batch. I just cracked open my first brew, a smoked porter, and it tastes like heaven. I have a cream ale on the way and I was thinking about ordering the Honey Brown Ale. I would like to up the A.C. to at least 6 percent and I would like some recommendations. I would like to balance the extra malt with the hops. I’m not a fan of sweet beer but I dont want to make it so bitter no one else will drink it with me. LOL

Thanks for your help.[/quote]
You could use honey to boost your ABV and it will not affect the balance of the beer as far as malt and hops bitterness goes. the honey will ferment out compleatly and give you aprox. 1 abv point per pound of honey per 5 gallon batch.
The honey will make your beer dryer to the taste and will, by all means, not be sweet. I usually will add 1 pound of carapils or crystal malt per pound of honey to try to retain the head and body

thanks to one of you and punctuation is for people with to much time on their hands!!!

Punctuation is for people that would like to express a coherent thought, for which they would like an intelligent response. :roll: