Homemade stir plate

Whisper quite.

If using a computer fan, that’s as loud as it will get. There is a little more noise with the stir bar rubbing the glass. But you get that noise with a commercially made one.

That is great - I build computers for fun, so this should be easy.

I will be getting a $100 gift card to Northern Brewer for Christmas, so I am trying to find where to spend it. Maybe I will spend it on a Refractometer or floor burner. I hate to waste all that wonderful wort using the hydrometer.

I’ve got a buddy who is a microbiologist and when his lab got all new equipment I was fortunate to receive some of the old stuff. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried it yet but I’m pretty sure I could boil my wort on this thing :slight_smile:

I wish i did still have them i shot them all up with my ar-15. Should have saved those old hard drives.

Mine.

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=113255

MaSheriff

FWIW You can pick up neodymium button magnets pretty cheap at most craft stores.

[quote=“CapnJB”]I’ve got a buddy who is a microbiologist and when his lab got all new equipment I was fortunate to receive some of the old stuff. :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried it yet but I’m pretty sure I could boil my wort on this thing :slight_smile: [/quote]

I’ve used those before. They will (albeit slowly) boil your wort. Nice find.

[quote=“fightdman”]
I’ve used those before. They will (albeit slowly) boil your wort. Nice find.[/quote]

But here is the million dollar question… since it’s got a 10" x 10" base, if I find a glass carboy with a flat bottom, would it be beneficial to ferment the entire beer on the stirplate? I’ve often toyed with the idea but my only fermentor with a flat bottom is 5 gallons.

ponders