Homebrewstuff.com kettles

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on the quality of these kettles?
Seems like a fair price.

http://www.homebrewstuff.com/20-gallon-kettle-w-valve-thermometer.html

Haven’t seen you around for a while! Where ya been?

No experience with those kettles, but they look like megapots, no?

Yeah, i think they’re suoposed to be like the megapots, but wasnt for sure.

I’ve been busy with family life and haven’t got to the point where I’ve got the free time to hang out here like I used to do. Raising 3 kids keeps ya busy!

Well, welcome back, man! We’ve missed you around here…or at least a few of us have.

No experience with that pot but FWIW I have purchased from HomeBrewStuff.com and found them to have very good customer service.

Overstock (dot) com has some pretty good deals on brew kettles:

Only $20 more for the 25 gallon. And nice to see you back.

good to here from you legman.

Welcome back. :cheers: Family and work always take precedence over my brewing.

Did you get that past crap dealt with?

Good to see some old familiar faces! :smiley:

Yes, family and work take precedence. Not much “ME” time theses days, but it’s all good.
And yeah, all that past crap is all said and done…forward.

Great to see you back Legman. Your site is good stuff but a tad high priced. I recently bought a bunch of stuff from him but bought my 25 gallon HLT from this seller on eBay

SS Stock Pot

[quote=“MullerBrau”]Great to see you back Legman. Your site is good stuff but a tad high priced. I recently bought a bunch of stuff from him but bought my 25 gallon HLT from this seller on eBay

SS Stock Pot

[/quote]

I’ve seen that kettle before. Pretty good quality and heavy duty? Easy to drill out?
That’s a pretty nice price for that! Hmmmm, now you got me thinking.

Well, I’ve read several other threads on the concord kettles, and I repeatedly keep seeing that their volumes aren’t as stated. They’re actually smaller. How much does your 100qt hold? What’s the internal dimensions?

[quote=“Legman”][quote=“MullerBrau”]Great to see you back Legman. Your site is good stuff but a tad high priced. I recently bought a bunch of stuff from him but bought my 25 gallon HLT from this seller on eBay

SS Stock Pot

[/quote]

I’ve seen that kettle before. Pretty good quality and heavy duty? Easy to drill out?
That’s a pretty nice price for that! Hmmmm, now you got me thinking.[/quote]Mine was pre drilled and it’s thin stainless. 1mm or .040" but that’s ok for me. My Megapot is way more sturdy.

[quote=“Legman”]Well, I’ve read several other threads on the concord kettles, and I repeatedly keep seeing that their volumes aren’t as stated. They’re actually smaller. How much does your 100qt hold? What’s the internal dimensions?[/quote]Mine is 18.62" inside diameter by 21.5" tall. That equates to 25 gallons.

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder why I’ve seen so many post about the actual volume difference. Maybe Concord has fixed that issue.
How’s the bottom of that pot, thin also? I’m wanting to use it as a boil kettle.

[quote=“Legman”]Hmmm, interesting. I wonder why I’ve seen so many post about the actual volume difference. Maybe Concord has fixed that issue.
How’s the bottom of that pot, thin also? I’m wanting to use it as a boil kettle.[/quote]Yup, it’s thin too but I only use mine for boiling too. Here’s mine:

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Concord does make a nice tri-ply bottom that looks pretty sharp. I may end up giving that a try.
I like the dimensions of it better than the Homebrewstuff kettle and they have free shipping.

http://www.concordkettles.com/collections/brew-kettles/products/sas-series-full-mirror-polish-stainless-steel-brew-kettle-w-thick-tri-ply-bottom-avail-in-50-and-80-qt

I mistakenly said I use mine for boiling. It’s my HLT. I have a TRI clad 100 at for my brew pot.

I knew what you meant. :wink: