Homebrewer going Pro

It’s been far too long since I’ve visited the forum. Free time has been delegated to a business plan and financial spreadsheets for the past few years.
When I started getting deep into homebrewing, there was no homebrew shop or homebrew club within 60 miles, so this forum was a great help. I found a lot of excellent information and wonderful camaraderie on this forum. Thank you to everyone that helped me out and fueled my interest.

Well, that interest is about to take me down the road of starting a brewery. It is now time, once again, to reach out to the forum for help. I’ve launched a kickstarter campaign to finish out the brewery taproom (to take advantage of the newly passed MN taproom law). You can see all the details here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/209 ... ry-taproom

Please consider contributing if you are able and please help spread the word.
You can check out the brewery progress on facebook and the website

www.JackPineBrewery.com

If you’re ever up in my neck of the woods, check us out.

Thanks!
Patrick Sundberg
Jack Pine Brewery
Baxter, MN

patrick@jackpinebrewery.com

I heard about this post so I created an account to come on here and give Patrick Props! I have already donated, and would encourage anyone else to whether you live in the area and will benefit from the brewery directly, or don’t live near by but want to help spread the good beer!

Hrmm I didn’t want it to look like I am some fly by night poster. While this is my FIRST time posting here, I AM a homebrewer and also a NB customer for a while now. Sorry. But either way, check out Patricks link and contribute if you can afford it. He’s good people.

That’s awesome Patrick…I wish you the best of luck!

I put this on my Facebook page since I know a lot of beer lovers. I hope it helps.

Awesome! Thanks!

Hey Patrick,
I think you are doing what a large majority of homebrewers dream about. I bet there are quite a few that are envious but still wish you success. :cheers:

We visit friends up on the Cross Lake Chain once or twice a year and pass thru Baxter on the way. When time allows next time thru, we will definitely stop and quench the thirst.

When I get more time I’m looking forward to visiting some of the small brewers in MN & WI.

I’d like to hear where you are locating. I’ll wait to see a post or pm me.

Good Luck!
VK
Brew On

[quote=“Brew On”]Hey Patrick,
I think you are doing what a large majority of homebrewers dream about. I bet there are quite a few that are envious but still wish you success. :cheers:
[/quote]
Trust me, I’ve dreamed for a long time. I’ve also spent a good 2 years doing some deep research on the business end. That’s probably where most people loose interest. It’s about 90% business and 10% beer. You have to be interesting in starting a business (any business) in order to really stick with it.

[quote=“Brew On”]Hey Patrick,
We visit friends up on the Cross Lake Chain once or twice a year and pass thru Baxter on the way. When time allows next time thru, we will definitely stop and quench the thirst.

When I get more time I’m looking forward to visiting some of the small brewers in MN & WI.

I’d like to hear where you are locating. I’ll wait to see a post or pm me.
[/quote]
The brewery will be a block off 371 in Baxter. A right at the second stoplight (College Rd), then a few blocks on the left. I have a map on the website that shows the spot and we’ll get some better directions up once we get closer to opening.
Planning on having growler hours Friday evenings to catch travelers passing through on their way up to the lake.
See you soon!