Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Holiday brews

Anyone have some recommendations on a good recipe kit for the holidays?

whatever you like to drink

I like plenty of stuff. I’m talking about a seasonal type brew for the holidays.

thats a huge range of beers

Winter Warmers are a nice holiday beer. NB has a saison kit (de Noel) for the holidays, too. I’d start there, see if there’s still time to make them.

no kidding. but the question was asking if you recommended any. “anything you like to drink” could be a light lager, which i wouldn’t consider a holiday brew

i like a good RIS for a holiday beer, but its a little late to make one of those. right now im trying to come up with a darker red-hoppy beer. i hear good things about NB’s de noel (as mentioned above).

denny’s bourbon vanilla porter is awesome. id recommend that for the holiday season

I think an English Mild makes a good holiday beer, and they’re fast to make. I bottled NB’s AG Mild kit a few weeks ago, with W1945, and it’s roasty and chocolaty.

[quote]I think an English Mild makes a good holiday beer, and they’re fast to make. [/quote]I’m planning of making up a batch of Innkeeper for some of the lighter drinkers in the house…It’ll only take 4 weeks.

"no kidding. but the question was asking if you recommended any. “anything you like to drink” could be a light lager, which i wouldn’t consider a holiday brew

i like a good RIS for a holiday beer, but its a little late to make one of those. right now im trying to come up with a darker red-hoppy beer. i hear good things about NB’s de noel (as mentioned above).

denny’s bourbon vanilla porter is awesome. id recommend that for the holiday season"

Thank you. I didn’t think I was asking that difficult of a question.

Vanilla Porter sure sounds like a good one.

[quote=“dustinwwww”]"no kidding. but the question was asking if you recommended any. “anything you like to drink” could be a light lager, which i wouldn’t consider a holiday brew

denny’s bourbon vanilla porter is awesome. id recommend that for the holiday season"

Thank you. I didn’t think I was asking that difficult of a question.

Vanilla Porter sure sounds like a good one.[/quote]

kind of…no idea what you like or what your take on a “seasonal” brew is.

What do you like or would recommend for a seasonal holiday brew. I didn’t ask for what you thought I would like.

abrown, I’m having trouble finding the English Mild you are referring to from Northern Brewer.

[quote=“dustinwwww”]I like plenty of stuff. I’m talking about a seasonal type brew for the holidays.[/quote]Make a solid IPA and serve it with a side of potpourri for the people who think a holiday beer needs to have spices in it.

[quote=“dustinwwww”]What do you like or would recommend for a seasonal holiday brew. I didn’t ask for what you thought I would like.

abrown, I’m having trouble finding the English Mild you are referring to from Northern Brewer.[/quote]

I dont make a seasonal brew, the only thing seasonal I make would be a Fresh hop beer, since that is the only seasonal beer.
Any beer for the holidays or season works for me, all the recipe kits on NB are good kits it just depends on your taste.

NB’s mild

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/mild ... t-kit.html

They also have an imperial mild kit

My holiday beer for this year is a brown ale with a very small amount of cardamom added at flameout.

Imperial Porter
Russian Imperial Stout
Belgian Tripel
NB sells a Christmas Ale Kit I believe…
How about a smoke beer?

tom sawyer that sounds delicious! I love cardamon and I just got the honey brown kit from NB so I might just try that…and maybe some cloves and cinnamon too :smiley: Thanks for the id-er!

dustinwwww - I made up NB’s winter warmer for the holidays, but it takes 2 months (and should age for longer), but maybe you could make something similar and just lower the gravity? Just a thought.

:cheers:

Thanks everyone. I should have looked into this earlier. I’m going to try that Innkeepers to get done before Christmas and then do a Winters Warmer, which will take longer.

inkeeper will be done in a few weeks, possibly even 2 but that may be pushing it a little

That should be plenty of time to get it done by Christmas.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com