Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Highrise IPA a Heady Topper clone?

They use the word heady a few times in the description. I know Austin Homebrew has one, but it’s over $60 bucks…this kit seems pretty reasonable if it is. Anyone know? I tried asking NB though the chat feature a few times yesterday, but even though I was the only one in the queue, it always times me out.

I’d say no. I’ve made a Heady clone and it was quite different from this. The recipe I used was from BYO, I cultivated the yeast from a couple of cans of the real thing, came out very well and quite close to the original:

Heady Topper Clone
5.5 Gallons
OG=1.076/FG=1.014
IBU= 100+ SRM=6 ABV=8%
Ingredients:
15 lbs Maris Otter
6 oz Caravienne
1 lb turbinado sugar (10 min)
1 oz Magnum (60 min)
1 oz Simcoe (30 min)
1 oz Cascade (knockout)
1 oz Simcoe (knockout)
1 oz Apollo (knockout)
1 oz Centennial (knockout)
1 oz Columbus (knockout)
1 oz Chinook (primary dry hop)
1 oz Apollo (primary dry hop)
1 oz Simcoe (primary dry hop)
1 oz Centennial (secondary/keg dry hop)
1 oz Simcoe (secondary/keg dry hop)
Wyeast 1028 (London Ale) or WLP013 (London Ale)
Instructions:
Achieve a target mash temp of 153F. Boil for 60 min, adding the hops according to the schedule. After the boil is complete, begin a whirlpool in the kettle and let the knockout hops rest in the hot wort for at least 30 minutes before chilling. After 30 min, chill to 68F and pitch yeast. Ferment at 68F for one to two weeks. After reaching final gravity, add the first set of dry hops to the primary fermenter. After 7 days, rack the beer off the dry hops and yeast cake into a keg or secondary fermenter. Add the second set of dry hops to the keg or secondary fermenter.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com