High test mead

When my first granddaughter was two I brewed a really strong mead to lay aside for her 21st birthday. As near as I can figure it’s a bit over 18%.
Anyone out there make anything stronger?

[quote=“Rookie L A”]When my first granddaughter was two I brewed a really strong mead to lay aside for her 21st birthday. As near as I can figure it’s a bit over 18%.
Anyone out there make anything stronger?[/quote]
I haven’t yet. but I have pondered making “Eismead”. 18% mead sounds like it will age nicely. you have given me a new mission.

[quote=“Edward Teach”][quote=“Rookie L A”]When my first granddaughter was two I brewed a really strong mead to lay aside for her 21st birthday. As near as I can figure it’s a bit over 18%.
Anyone out there make anything stronger?[/quote]
I haven’t yet. but I have pondered making “Eismead”. 18% mead sounds like it will age nicely. you have given me a new mission.[/quote]

I expect it to age well, I plan to crack one open next year at the decade mark.
I used specialty honey from the honey vendor at the farmers market. Several years ago I went with Costco clover honey to a similier strength and it stalled at about 13%. I racked it over some boysenberries (upped it about 1%) and got an awesome sack melomel; I can’t wait to try it after a few more years.