Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Hey keggers, what's the optimum number of

True story. I have six and frequently wish I could tap something else.

I’d at least plan to have room for as many faucets as kegs. I don’t know exactly how many an 8.8 cu ft will hold, but I’d guess 4-5.[/quote]
Very true. I only have room for two kegs in the fridge at a time, and I have two taps. I often wish I had a third tap, but if I did I’m sure I’d be wishing for a fourth.

The optimum number is whatever you have PLUS ONE. I have 5 Ventmatics and wish I would have bought six when I did it.

I have one fridge (Sanyo) that only holds 2 and a chest freezer that holds 3 with room for 1 fermentation bucket or 5gal carboy for conditioning

I couldn’t imagine having more than 5, I barely get through the kegs now!!! I’ve actually considered brewing more german lagers and using the chest freezer as purely fermenation/conditioning and using the Sanyo for only 2 taps… still considering that though…

(and yes, my beer is awwweeesooommmeee)

My setup:

1. Converted fridge in the garage that holds up to six kegs perfectly, plus bottles on the door, yeast in the crisper, hops and empty bottles in the freezer above, and frostly mugs on the freezer door (for those who insist on a frosty mug) No need for more than 4 taps on the fridge door, but I do have a 6-way CO2 splitter so that all kegs in the fridge can be force carbonated via set-n-forget.

2. 2-tap tower on a mini-fridge at my vacation home. Uses a Y splitter on the CO2.

3. 75-qt cooler on wheels with retractable handle, with 2 taps on front and two 2.5gal kegs inside. Can double as a jockey box if I need to transport more than 5 gallons (cold plate on order!)

Also have a 20#, 10#, 5#, and 2.5# CO2 tank, nitro tank, 20oz and 12oz paintball cans, disposable 3-oz paintball cartridge adapter, 16-gram genuine innovations injector, and two picnip taps on 9-ft lines. Total: 16 kegs - with the ability to serve from 10 of them simulaneously if needed. Can serve from a stout faucet, perlick faucet, perlick creamer, traditional faucet, or picnic tap/bottle filler.

I do not ever find myself in a situation where I wish I had more serving capacity or flexibility for lagering, but I’m sure I’ll add something else to my repertoire the next time someone posts something really cool on this forum.

This I would like to hear more about. The little 15-20ish gram kits are neat, but if you have to change the cartridge out three or four times, what’s the point? I didn’t realize 3 oz cartridges existed.

Should be able to pick up 3oz disposable tanks at Walmart.

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/3oz-disposable-co2-cylinder

These adapters will convert it to a standard paintball tank threads.

http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/88g-3oz-disposable-co2-adapter

One of these should convert it to your reg.

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/kegging/gas-supplies/regulator-accessories/the-adapter-co-2-go.html

Its cheaper to just run the 12oz or 20oz tanks when on the go.

• 1 for three taps. my fridge holds six kegs all six are hooked to the gas but only three are tapped. you will also need a picnic tap as others said to “test the progress” of the other kegs waiting to be tapped :cheers:

Thanks for the links. I already have an adapter and a 20 oz tank, so I guess I’ll stick with that. I was hoping there was such a thing as a 3 oz tank with the same threads.

The adapter is only $5 at Walmart (as opposed to $15 in the link) and the 3oz disposable cartridges are $12 for a two pack. It’s much cheaper to pay $3 and get a 20oz tank refilled at a local paintball store than buy a disposbale 3oz tank, but sometimes it’s also good to have these disposable cartidges as a backup. Heck, a $3 fill on 20oz is equivalent to an $12 fill on a 5# tank – a pretty good deal!

Can you point me to this adapter at Wal-Mart? I have a 20oz c02 tank for paintball and this never crossed my mind!

That is not what you want. You want one of these:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/the-adapter-co-2-go.html

I looked and NB does not seem to carry these. I have one that allows me to use the smaller paint ball tanks for traveling kegs

Sounds like you already have the CO2-adapter-to-go for using a regulator with your 20oz tank. IN ADDITION to that, you’ll need this for using 90g / 3oz tanks: http://www.walmart.com/ip/JT-90-Gram-Ta … r/16541593 . $4.97 at Walmart. Hate to promote that evil company, but it’s a good price.

Yep, you have to have both adapters to use the 3oz tanks with your reg. I knew that Walmart carried the 3oz tank adapters for cheaper, but the link I provided was the easiest to find. RebelBrewer also carries the co2 to go adapter for cheaper than Midwest. But, its just easier and cheaper to go with the 12oz tanks IMO.

That evil company paid the most taxes last year than any other company!

That evil company paid the most taxes last year than any other company![/quote]
If that is true, it is because they had very high profits that they didn’t offset by making investments - or paying decent wages to thier employees.

If that is true, it is because they had very high profits that they didn’t offset by making investments - or paying decent wages to thier employees.[/quote]

completley untrue

Whoopdee doo! That doesn’t make them any less evil.

Whoopdee doo! That doesn’t make them any less evil.[/quote]

but its evil because the media says so :lol:

Alright, back on topic. Actually, we were off-topic as it was if you look at the subject line. There are political message boards all over the web for anyone who wants to continue the Walmart debate. It was just a quick jab I wanted to take, as most of us would agree that any support we show on this forum should be in the following order: 1) Our sponsor - Northern Brewer 2) Our LHBS 3) other small specialty brew shops / .coms when NB doesn’t offer a competitive or available solution 4) Low-cost, off-the shelf solutions from a hardware store, or (God forbid) Walmart.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com