Help with petite saison

Steeping grains at the moment and just noticed I was sent 6 lbs pilsen LME instead of 3.15 that is specified in directions. Guess this is kind of a what would you do moment. If I add all 6 lbs, would that be a good thing? Using t-58 so it should handle the extra gravity. Recipe also contains 1 lb pilsen dme and 1 lb wheat dme.

Thanks for any advice.

Ron

[quote=“Frenchie”]Steeping grains at the moment and just noticed I was sent 6 lbs pilsen LME instead of 3.15 that is specified in directions. Guess this is kind of a what would you do moment. If I add all 6 lbs, would that be a good thing? Using t-58 so it should handle the extra gravity. Recipe also contains 1 lb pilsen dme and 1 lb wheat dme.

Thanks for any advice.

Ron[/quote]

You could also use just 3 lbs. and save the rest, which is what I’d do, or make a bigger batch.

Thanks, Rookie. Any suggestions on storing leftover LME?

Some kind of large jar or tupperware type container.
I would also use it up fairly soon: a month or two.

I keep hearing Northern Brewer has great customer service. Call them and see if they’ll take it back. :smiley:

It may not be a good idea. If you are soaking grains, then those specialty grain Flavors may be diluted or hidden by the extra malt extract. You will also need more hops to keep the IBUs in balance.

Dan