Help with Fermenter decision please

I am planning to start a one gallon Rum Runner Stout later today. I lost a LOT of my batch of Bourbon Porter due to overflow and a blowout of foam. I bought a 2 gallon fermenting bucket and I was thinking of starting this in that to save more beer this time.
If I start in the Northern Brewer 2 Gallon Fementation Bucket do I leave it in there for the entire two weeks of fermentaion or should I move it to my one gallon glass fermenter after the initial aggressive ferementation slows down?
Any adviced from those more experienced would be much appreciated!
All the best -
Roy

Just leave it in the bucket for the duration.

I agree with Danny. Leave it in the bucket.

I think secondaries are un necessary except maybe for lagers. Some say they do it to make clear beer but people have commented on the clarity of my beer and I never secondary. Waste of time in my opinion especially for a porter.

[quote=“rhallva”]I am planning to start a one gallon Rum Runner Stout later today. I lost a LOT of my batch of Bourbon Porter due to overflow and a blowout of foam. I bought a 2 gallon fermenting bucket and I was thinking of starting this in that to save more beer this time.
If I start in the Northern Brewer 2 Gallon Fementation Bucket do I leave it in there for the entire two weeks of fermentaion or should I move it to my one gallon glass fermenter after the initial aggressive ferementation slows down?
Any adviced from those more experienced would be much appreciated!
All the best -
Roy[/quote]
Leave it in the bucket until the beer shows you it is done. The beer may not want to go by the two week schedule. Take a SG reading after two weeks. Then take another reading after two to four days. No need to rush. The beer can only improve by being on the yeast cake.
If your first sample shows CO2 bubbles and is hazy with yeast and sediment, some fermentation activity is still be going on.

I will typically leave a beer in the primary three weeks, longer if I don’t have time to bottle. When I do rack to the bottling bucket the beer is clear. When the beer is clear going into the bottling bucket, it will come out of the bottle without trub, just some yeast, if you pour the yeast.

Yes no need to transfer it unless you plan to leave it for extended amounts of time. The only other reason is if you need the fermenter and are not ready to bottle or keg.

Taking gravity readings is good advise BTW.