Help with a leak

I have a Spartansburg Challenger VI keg that I’m trying to get the pressure release valve to stop leaking. I’ve pulled it apart, cleaned it, put a little grease on the end, all to no avail. It still leaks. Does anybody know if the replacement on NB would fit? Anybody have any other thoughts on what to try? Thanks.

I’m assuming you also cleaned the metal where the tip of the relief valve’s rubber rests. You should be able to find a replacement somewhere if NB doesn’t have one. Your best bet would be to call and talk to them directly. Cheers!!!

If you cant replace the pressure valve, try replacing the lid.

I have a few kegs with goofy (non-standard) pressure relief valves. I had to crank one of mine pretty tight to get it to seal. Tighter than I should have, but for me it worked. Another one, if I vent it, I need to tap the relief valve with a screwdriver handle a bit in order to get it to seal. I should get new lids, but for now I’m using bandaids. Sometimes just cranking up the PSI gets the finicky PRV to seal.
:cheers:

Thanks everyone, I’ve tried everything now except getting a new valve. The valve that’s on there right now does not have a rubber gasket on the end. It looks like to me it’s a metal to metal seal (which obviously does not work).

eb

[quote=“eb-n-flow”]Thanks everyone, I’ve tried everything now except getting a new valve. The valve that’s on there right now does not have a rubber gasket on the end. It looks like to me it’s a metal to metal seal (which obviously does not work).

eb[/quote]
There’s the problem. It should have rubber on the tip, sorta like a que stick. Cheers!!!