Help my wife wants to commandeer my Keezer

We are getting a large amount of frozen beef that needs to be distributed to family members and were trying to figure out how to keep it frozen. The funny thing was I never even thought about my keezer till my wife brought it up. Of course I didn’t :rofl::rofl::rofl:. I have some carbonated and chilled kegs in there. What would happen to the beer if they are allowed to warm up to temp for a week or two. I can still keep them on C02

Thanks in advance

Best compromise… let her put as much beef in there without removing the beer…
Sneezles61

Stick your kegs in something and freeze a block of ice every night and serve from a picnic tap. Sacrifices need to be made

You could re-post your portable keg hauling system again… Brew Cat! I think that should get the “handy mans” special award for it too!!!
Sneezles61

This one?

6 Likes

Yes sir!! I wish there was a way to give that an award!!
Sneezles61

I think the beer will be fine if you let it warm up a week or two, then chill it again. No need to keep the CO2 connected. Pressure will go up as the beer warms but will drop back when you chill it again.

That has two taps on the tower, does it have two kegs?

Holds 2 kegs and a 5lb CO2 tank

2 Likes

Wife wants a golf cart… Damn… Well, I’ll have to copy brew cats gizmo… No flippin’ way I’ll circle the 'hood and consume Miller Lite… :confounded::confounded::mask:Oops!
Sneezles61

We have a golf car and the wife drinks Miller Lite :grinning:

@Shawn3 You should nicely explain to your wife that you need a new freezer. One large enough for the beef and maybe some hops.

2 Likes

Boy that one got derailed quickly! hahaha

OP, your beer will be just fine at room temp for a week or two. Personally I’d just turn the gas off while it’s at room temp but you’ll want to make sure your kegs are sealed well because gas will begin to escape from the liquid if pressure in the head space drops due to a leak. Other than that your beer will be OK once you chill it again.

Oh boy… I carted it right off the tracks…
I would definitely push 40 PSI’s through the liquid post… It stop taking gas after a bit… That’ll help insure the lid and poppets seat tightly…
Sneezles61