Help my cider!

I am making cider for the first time ( usually make wine). My of is 1.06. My problem is I have no bubbling. Water in lock has moved completely to the left and u have some ugly mold growing. Any suggestions?

Do you use plain ol’ water in the airlock? You should use your sanitizer solution in the airlock if you’re not already.

Can you expand on what your process was?

Did you sulfate the must? Add a yeast or let it go wild?

It’s been close to 2 years sense i did a cider. I just let it go wild. I don’t remember it looking to weird. It didn’t have much of a krausen either.

If you are also going wild just ride it out for 3-4 weeks and taste it. There is really nothing you can do.

You may just be at the stage where there is positive pressure on the airlock. By tomorrow it may be bubbling away.

Is the mold in the airlock or on top of the must? If it’s on top of the must, I’d rack from under the mold as quickly as possible into a secondary and give it a smell (first) and then a taste if it smells ok. (Although I guess I should state, this is what “I” would do…I don’t want anyone to get sick on my recommendation)

I assume you meant your original gravity is 1.060?

After racking, I’d take another reading and see where it is. If it hasn’t moved much…you might consider re-pitching some new yeast to kick it into gear.

If it’s just in the airlock, get it off and clean it asap…then put some sanitizer water or vodka in there.

How long has it been since you started the batch?