Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Hbc 342

It seems most everyone who has used this didn’t like it, and wouldn’t use it again. I’ve seen one guy who liked his IPA where it was mixed with other hops, and he will make it again.

I have a 1 and 2 oz package of this in my freezer still. I haven’t used it as I’m not sure what to do with it if it ruins a potentially good beer.

What hops would this go well with in an IPA or Pale? Or should I just use it for bittering?

Has it been given a name yet?

Brew a modestly hopped pale ale and rack a gallon or two into a seperate carboy. Dry hop that small portion and if you hate it you won’t have wasted a full batch.

Not a bad idea. Thanks!

If I don’t know a hop I make a smash beer with it and not muddy it with other hops. Just because someone else does not like it does not mean you will not like it. Make a 2 1/2 gallon batch?

I would normally agree with you, but there are so many people that claimed they didn’t like it. Only one that did.

I bought it without having looked into it. I’m not a big fan of watermelon…

I’m afraid I wouldn’t care much for it. So it seems safer to meld it with other hops or use it for bittering, though my 2 oz package would make a bitter beer!

Maybe I ought to make back to back beers to help use it up…

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com