Have you guys seen this.....Clear Beer?

Selling them at my LHBS…Pretty neat piece, though I have not tried one, the principle seems sound.

http://aardvarkbrewing.com/beer-supplie ... ght-system

Looks interesting. Can’t wait to hear some reviews.

With the exception of the first pint or so, I pull good, clear beer without this. Its a good concept, but I don’t think its necessary at all. Once the area around the dip tube is clear, sediment won’t be picked up.

True, true…The main ,( and only) advantage I saw mentioned was if a keg was transported, and then it could I guess still get clouded up from rough handling.

I don’t see how this is different from a cask widge.

This looks like re-engineered version of the system used in the first “keg” I bought 30 years ago: the RotoKeg.
It also uses a “float” to draw clear beer from the top of the liquid. Works pretty well, too!

I mainly use cornies, but I still use the old Roto from time to time for my best bitter (which I never refrigerate).

That’s a great price! I wonder if you can convert those kegs to normal ones with some dip tubes. I’m not sold on how they advertise those kegs, but for that price I would try it out. I would rather just buy a few and install longer dip tubes if possible.

I think you’re just getting the “float” and tubing and using that in your existing keg in place of the liquid out dip tube. I agree this seems to be a re-engneering of older “float” systems I’ve seen in the past.

I think you’re just getting the “float” and tubing and using that in your existing keg in place of the liquid out dip tube. I agree this seems to be a re-engneering of older “float” systems I’ve seen in the past.[/quote]

It does not alter your Corny keg, save for the fact you remove the original dip tube, and replace it with a “stubby” dip tube supplied with the kit.

For the record, it’s sold as a “float retrofit” kit only, to adapt to YOUR Corny keg.

Oh I see. I didn’t see that it was a retrofit kit.

Interesting idea…not something I’d consider. For that money I’d rather buy another keg or sack of grain.