Grogtag

Hey folks, wondering if anyone’s used Grogtag? Curious about the longevity of the labels. Thanks!

I’ve used them for some wine bottles. Pretty nice labels and no issues with them coming off for sure, even on white wine that gets chilled. I’m too cheap to use them on the few beers I bottle though, I just write on the cap and if I’m bringing some where I’ll also write on the side of the bottle with a silver paint pen.

Agreed, and good idea with the silver pen.

I started using those little circular mailing labels–print them out, put them on the cap. But then you have a hard time keeping up once things are open, and people like to try different stuff when I’m pulling the homebrews out.

Anyway, sounds like the cap idea may still be the best.

[quote=“jmstovall”]Agreed, and good idea with the silver pen.

I started using those little circular mailing labels–print them out, put them on the cap. But then you have a hard time keeping up once things are open, and people like to try different stuff when I’m pulling the homebrews out.

Anyway, sounds like the cap idea may still be the best.[/quote]
Yep, the cap is all I do most of the time. Since I keg the only beers I bottle are ones that are intended to be around for awhile (my annual RIS and then some random stouts and porters may make it into bottles). The paint marker works really well for the situation you mention where you’ve got lots of bottles open and people are trying a few ounces of various beers since one the cap is off it is hard to tell what is what.

I do think I’ll eventually get a bunch of the small 1x3 Grog Tag labels; way easier to remove than a paint pen marking and looks nicer than masking tape. Will also work great for labeling growlers when I fill up a few of those to bring some place.

just write on the cap or a silver pen to write on the bottle if I get to many caps similar and screw them up.
I have never put a label on my beer

I like my results useing a sharpie on painter’s tape, FWIW.

Regular sharpie on blue painters tape? Quit copying me :slight_smile: