Great Wife

My wife picked me up a new 6.5 gal carboy from the LHBS for an anniversary gift. She knows I want to do a Berliner Weisse and need some glass for a sour fermentation. She always seems to buy brewing stuff for our anniversary . 9 years ago she got me my starter kit. She is an awesome woman! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice!

Can she have a talk with mine? :smiley:

Does she help you consume your brews so you have to brew more often? It is good to have a fully participating and lovimg partner.

wow - totally different than my wife. lucky man!

bstein, your wife sounds like mine.

My girlfriend got me my first kit in 1990 so I had to marry her!
:cheers:

Mine bought me my turkey boiler for my birthday. “I know how much you hate your scorched wort.” She says. She even picks up the lingo. I really never expect her to listen when I babble on about beer. It’s always so cool when she drops a bit here and there.

This is a hobby that could easily be a problem in a relationship. How lucky are we that it isn’t?

Any wife, whether or not she drinks your beer or buys you stuff is great if she allows you to buy all the stuff and doesn’t mind the time spent on making beer!

My wife doesn’t drink at all , but she sure knows how to pour a great pint from the keg. Another added bonus is having a DD 24/7 :cheers:

My wife also got me started home brewing, and now lets me age stout in 25 gallon oak barrels in the living room. The house never smelled better.

[quote=“dixiedingobrewing”]My wife also got me started home brewing, and now lets me age stout in 25 gallon oak barrels in the living room. The house never smelled better.[/quote]Now that’s funny, and makes one helluva visual. Welcome to the forum!

My wife somehow allowed me to put a 5 cu ft chest freezer with 2 taps in our bedroom in our Manhattan apartment. She even cleared out some of her un-needed clothes and a dresser to make room for it. Do I win? :slight_smile:

I don’t know whether to congratulate you or call you a liar. Your lucky man!

I guess many of us are.