Great New Brew Software!

I would like to let everyone know about a great new web based homebrew application called Lubberwort Brewing. Lubberwort Brewing allows you to create recipes, compare Them to selected styles, generate the brew steps needed to brew the recipe, and record brew sessions, all for free! Other features include an extract recipe generator, all grain to extract and extract to all grain converter, and public recipes for instant inspiration. So head over to http://www.lubberwortbrewing.com now can get started!

First recipe I tried to enter was a cream ale, no Flaked Maise available. Need to increase the amount of fermentables in the data base.

Thanks homebrew4us! Flaked Maize has been added to the Adjunct category for fermentables.

web based makes it a non starter for me.

Not sure I know what you mean… You don’t like the fact that it’s a web app?

Does the functionality depend upon whether you create an account first? I just went straight to the “recipe Builder” tab to try it out. I certainly appreciate your effort, but I would have to say, with an allowance for a 5 minute test drive, that compared to other sites like (for example) Brewer’s Friend, this one seems a little clunky and less informative.

Did not seem as intuitive or easy to add multiple grains, seems like I had to duplicate the first grain addition, then go back and modify it in order to create a 2nd grain.

Did not see any automatic update in OG with the grain(s) additions

That;s as far as I got. Did not attempt to look into hop additions, etc…

[quote=“Steeler D”]Does the functionality depend upon whether you create an account first? I just went straight to the “recipe Builder” tab to try it out. I certainly appreciate your effort, but I would have to say, with an allowance for a 5 minute test drive, that compared to other sites like (for example) Brewer’s Friend, this one seems a little clunky and less informative.

Did not seem as intuitive or easy to add multiple grains, seems like I had to duplicate the first grain addition, then go back and modify it in order to create a 2nd grain.

That;s as far as I got. Did not attempt to look into hop additions, etc…[/quote]

The only functionality that is available without creating an account is the recipe builder. Recipes cannot be saved unless an account is created since I would have no user to reference it to. When an account is created, you get access to all features like Brew This Batch, which generates the brew steps, brew sessions, recipe generator, and All Grain <> Extract converter.

Note sure I understand the problem with the grain additions. When you select a grain and amount you just click the add button to the right, then add the other grains the same way. No need to add multiples of the same grain then edit them.

It does look like there’s an issue with the batch calculations. Working on fixing that now.

This is still a work in progress and relies on feedback from users.

Not sure I know what you mean… You don’t like the fact that it’s a web app?[/quote]

Nope, I don’t. I want stand alone, or at least the option for it. I don’t always have internet access when I brew.

Ok, I’ll give it another go and create an account first, when I have a little more time/attention to give it.

[quote=“Steeler D”]Does the functionality depend upon whether you create an account first? I just went straight to the “recipe Builder” tab to try it out. I certainly appreciate your effort, but I would have to say, with an allowance for a 5 minute test drive, that compared to other sites like (for example) Brewer’s Friend, this one seems a little clunky and less informative.

That;s as far as I got. Did not attempt to look into hop additions, etc…[/quote]

Fixed the issue with the batch characteristics and the Recipe Builder.

Not sure I know what you mean… You don’t like the fact that it’s a web app?[/quote]

Nope, I don’t. I want stand alone, or at least the option for it. I don’t always have internet access when I brew.[/quote]

You’re absolutely right. Maybe this will be something I’ll look into down the road. I do have a version of this that is for PC (written as a Java desktop app), but it hasn’t been updated or used in a while. I’ll give some thought to revamping that desktop app and making it available from the website for those who also want an offline experience.

Thanks for the feedback and idea!

If you have it as a JAVA app you are halfway there to making it an android app so that I can use it on my tablet or android phone.

I actually have developed an Android app in the past, so that is a possibility. For the time being, the website does have a mobile version, although a caveat would be that not all features are available.

Just tried the recipe generator. Clean and simple. I like that it calculates the pitch rate and need for a starter. Doesn’t give a slurry option. And also how do you reorder the hop additions. When I edited the 60 min addition it listed if after the 20 min that I used.

I can edit the hops list so that they’ll sort by time. And I’m not familiar with slurry so I’ll have to research it. There is an Other option for yeast. Is that something that could work?