Grapefruit Sculpin

So I have a clone of this beer aging. Friday (Sept. 18th) was 3 weeks from brew day. I wanted to rack to a secondary so I could harvest the yeast (Conan) but was out of available carboys. I used a keg for the secondary.

My question is in regards to the dry hops and grapefruit zest. I used unflavored (sanitized) dental floss to suspend the bag containing the hops and zest in the keg. I did purge with CO2, but it’s not refrigerated just yet. Just aging.

After about a week should I remove the bag when I hook it back up to gas in my kegerator or let the bag in?

Not sure about grapefruit zest, but I leave orange zest in until the keg kicks. Same with hops.

Thanks. Should I let it sit at room temp for a while before putting into kegerator? Or do you think I’m good to let it carb up and cool while the dry hops and zest do their thing?

Thanks. Should I let it sit at room temp for a while before putting into kegerator? Or do you think I’m good to let it carb up and cool while the dry hops and zest do their thing?[/quote]

I’ve never done a controlled experiment but my experience tells me that dry hopping is more effective at warmer temps.

Thanks. Should I let it sit at room temp for a while before putting into kegerator? Or do you think I’m good to let it carb up and cool while the dry hops and zest do their thing?[/quote]

I’ve never done a controlled experiment but my experience tells me that dry hopping is more effective at warmer temps.[/quote]

I agree with this. I try for mid 70’s

Perfect. Thanks. I am in no hurry, so I’ll let it sit for a few more days at room temp (72 or so) and then will crash this weekend.