Grain mill advice

If you take the BC apart and clean it things work well again. While I’m plenty happy with my BC I do lust over a 3 roller Monster Mill. Pretty sure if I ever run into someone that needs a mill cheap I’d sell it and get the 3 roller MM.

I am three years plus with a barley crusher with the larger hopper pre-mounted on the fiberboard thing that fits nicely on a 5 gallon bucket. Easily 100 5g batches. The metal mill moves somewhat on the board, but the gap doesn’t budge. If you condition grain and get it too wet, clean the rollers immediately.

I feel I have my money’s worth. If I bought a new mill I might go MM 3-roller just to try it out. If the BC is in your budget, get it, it works great.

I bought a Barley Crusher off of the BeerSmith website almost two yrs ago. The price was right and reviews were very positive. Besides, I was tired of waiting in line at my LHBS to crush my grain and half of the time the mill was out of service. I’m very happy with the quality of the crush I consistently get with the Barley Crusher… set on the preset factory gap setting. My efficiency improved 5-7%.

You probably can’t go wrong with any of the mills on the market today… just pull the trigger and buy one. You won’t regret it. If you have the ability to buy bulk grain, the savings will eventually pay for the mill.

Bought my JSP Maltmill over 20 yrs ago, and it’s still doing great. I even got to talk to Jack the owner
when I bought it.That was along time ago. I know both the BC and the MM are great crushers, I’ve seen em’ in supply houses. Stick with one of these you’ll be fine.

+1

Got by on a Corona for 2 years and had great success but…it is alot of work to run a 5 gal much less a 10 gallon RIS worth of grain through one. we are talking 30 min of cranking.

The other half green lighted some major upgrades (see the avatar for my new tap room). I went all in for a MM3. WOW. Bought a cordless 18V 1/2 in drill to run it and it is a grain crushing demon. It is not the cheapest and I cannot compare to lesser cost ones but I can say I have not one complaint about this mill.

Barry

LOL - Just realized this is a Zombie from the past !!