Gone in a flash!

I have been doing some spring cleaning this year and selling off brewing equipment that I no longer use. It seems that no matter what I post up for sale, or where I try to sell it, anything brewing related is selling super fast right now. I have sold items on CL in less than 30 minutes of posting and have sold several items on Ebay for far more than I originally paid for them. Just can’t believe how well brewing equipment is selling right now.

Actually I am not surprised at all. We have a perfect storm going on. The legality issues are almost all resolved, the popularity of craft beer is roaring yet the economy is bad and honestly no matter what any leader does I think it will be rough for quite some time. That is gonna lead some folks to give it a try (more than usual say). I wouldn’t be surprised to see even more of it as I am seeing micro breweries opening up like crazy. I have just started wrapping my mind around what it would take to do so. Gotta have someting else to do when I get layed off like everyboby else ya know.

I guess so. Its definitely a sellers market right now on most bigger peices of equipment. So it seems to be a good time to sell stuff if you have any unused equipment laying around and need to do a bit of cleaning.

I wish I were on the selling side of the issue. My wife and I are interested in the microbrew industry but it is a steep financial hill. Not only the equipment but all the legal hops as well. The good side of all this is I will make a bet that give it a few years and there will be alot of high end stuff on the 2nd hand market as the fad fades. Of course it may not fade is the other side.

Barry

[quote=“Vulkin’”] My wife and I are interested in the microbrew industry but it is a steep financial hill. Not only the equipment but all the legal hops as well.

Barry[/quote]
The huge spike in the number of breweries recently is pretty amazing. I have a feeling in the next year or two we’re also going to start hearing about a huge spike in the number of failed breweries as shelves get overly saturated with brands and as the price of raw materials continue to climb–presumably from the drought in the US, rising energy costs and costs rising purely due to demand.