Gluten Free Extract

I’m trying to make something decent for a relative with an intolerance. Anyone know of a good gluten-free extract kit or source of gluten-free malt extract?

I see there are a few extracts available online…wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these.

Thanks,
Bob

There’s a new enzyme product available that supposedly reduces the gluten in regular AG and extract beers below the detection threshold.

I have my first GF batch fermenting for my wife. It is sorghum extract, orange peel, and coriander but it is too early for me to say how it is. Homebrewtalk.com (?) has a forum specifically for GF brewing as well.

I have a neighbor that is mildly intolerant to gluten. Enough to be on a gluten free diet, but not so bad she has had any terrible reactions (to my knowledge anyway). I have brewed her a couple beers using clarity ferm purchased from our host and it she has been able to enjoy several beers at a time with no problems. I also always purchase a gluten test from www.ezgluten.com.

There is an article in BYO about using this enzyme. Don’t remember which issue, maybe novermber 2010?? Google Gluten Reduced IPA and should be able to find a link to it.

Correction to my above post…it was the January/February 2011 issue of Zymurgy with the Gluten Reduced IPA article.