Ginger Ale?

Hey, has anyone out there made and legged their own ginger ale? My group rally like Jameson Gingers on occasion. I thought it would be awesome to have my own on tap. Any recipes?
Alcoholic or non.

Bump

I haven’t done ginger ale, but I’ve done a keg of rootbeer when my wife was pregnant. Ginger ale probably wouldn’t be as bad but if you are going to run a keg of rootbeer, you’ll want to replace your beer lines after use. I kept thinking that the taste/smell would go away with the next batch of beer, but it took about 6 batches and soaking my faucets (twice!) before the rootbeer taste left.

Northern Brewer sells a ginger ale extract and if I remember correctly, you only need to add a few pounds of sugar to get the job done (at least that’s how it was for rootbeer). You can find it if you click here
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/ginger-ale-extract.html

In the summer my wife and I go through our share of gin & tonics and I’ve looked at some recipes for making my own tonic. 5 gallons seems like an awful lot though. Maybe just dump a gallon or two of gin in the keg and add some cheap tonic water… hrmmm. 8)

I haven’t tried it, but there is a recipe in the July-August 2011 issue of Brew Your Own magazine. You might be able to find it on their site.

I’ve used Alton Brown’s recipe (Google: Alton Brown, Food Network, ginger ale) and had grear results. It only makes 2liters but it scales nicely. I use red wine rather than baker’s yeast. I dont know what needs to be changed in order to keg.
:cheers: