Garden Plans

I’ve been growing 4 plants in a hydroponic system. About ready for harvest. I’ve learned a great deal about hydroponics and hydro nutrients. It’s been a fun project. Will be interesting to see how the finished product compares to dispensary product in CO and CA which are the only places I’ve bought it commercially.

Cuttings?

Did I start from cuttings? No, I started from seed…may have gotten a little head start on the july 1 date… I did take cuttings and currently have two clones ready to go in the ground for outdoor experimentation.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be a wonderful world if the Feds lead the way… cut through the BS… Many naive peeps who base their bias on unfounded cynicism… Since books/movies are being deleted from our culture/history they may as well throw in reefer madness…
If you choose, you should be able to grow it for yer self… no questions… but for re-sale… thats a horse of a different color…
I’m a seldom offender… but only because the “samples” of the new stuff is way too much for me… heart pounding, anxious provoking stuff… If I could grow stuff I had years ago… I’d be more inclined!
I used to say… “grass didn’t color the scenery… it just made it more colorful”… That was then… this is now…
Perhaps, a new thread is in order? Gardens plans for the future? :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

Once you get a plant to your liking just propagate cuttings it will be the exact plant not a clone. You can do that with any plant

The thing about rec shops is you can get gummies and oils. Although you can make those as well. @sneezles61 have you looked into microdosing

2 Likes

There’s a designer cannabis strain for every taste. @sneezles61 you just need to find one that fits your preference. Any good bud-tender in CO or CA can recommend something for you if you just tell them what you want it for. Sounds crazy but you can literally describe the buzz you want and they’ll have something for you.

You are correct though, the amounts of weed we consumed as kids to get a buzz will put you to sleep for a day due to the higher THC content in today’s cannabis. Consume responsibly and carefully.

Now we’ve veered off the gardening theme of the thread…haha

2 Likes

What were we talking about

1 Like

Heck if I know…gardening?

yup… gardening… in all its form! :sunglasses:
Sneezles61

Not gardening but our local roadside vegetable stand had a sign out that sweet corn would be out around 8/24 We checked yesterday and the new sign says corn flooded two weeks more, maybe. We have had more than enough rain this spring/summer.

This is sad because the “other” stand we go to has OK corn but it’s smaller, not as tasty and more expensive. We did get some NY grown hot house tomatoes that were pretty good. They usually taste blah to me.

We’ve got some of those veggie stands around town… they put up a sign “short growing season, get your produce”… It was the same sign last year… Perhaps the peeps subscribe to something so naive? Well, they do with vaccines… so…
Sneezles61

So someone gave me a hoop house and i got it up today. I have some metal roofing and going to cover it quanset hut style. Looking for a wood stove to modify as an evaporator. Going ti use it for a sugar house in the spring and store stuff in it. I already have a green house

2 Likes

If you get a bunch of snow… maybe re-inforce the ridge a bit… We seem to have quite a few looking like pretzels… laying on the ground around up here…
I bet that’ll make a great sugar shack! I get the news letter from Vermont Evaporators… Enjoy-able reading.
Sneezles61

This is a steel hoop house not the insta garage jobs. My friends do all the hoop greenhouses at the pot farms. I guess this one was to small. It was 10x30 i set the hoops closer so its 10x20 which will make it strong. Steel ridge pole. They walk the ridge when putting on the plastic.

3 Likes

The round walls look better than the segmented gable style ones… Which I got last year…
I’ve got snow to remove this AM… see if I remember to take a picture of my “wood shed heap”…
Its kinda fun to see stuff like this… then the wheels start spinning…
Sneezles61

The ends will be wood framed. Barn door on this side. Another friend found me a wood stove on a job he’s working. Im not sure how to pipe the stove. Obviously can just go out the other end but im wondering if going out the top would be better. That way i could incorporate a way to vent the steam. Need to do some research. Any ideas?

1 Like

You may be best to go through the top… Perhaps you can find a commercial roofers “witch hat”… leaving a couple plus inches bigger than the stove pipe…
Barn door with dutch door tops too? :grin:
Sneezles61

So reading the “strawberry jam” thread… I’ve still got a idea of growing strawberries in a gutter kinda thing… There are tons of vids on doing this…
See, growing in the dirt doesn’t work too well here… betwixt the chipmunks, birds… slugs… I have to keep them in the compound or the deer will clean them right out… I suppose the fox enjoys them… but… they are elusive…
It might be easier to make the “gutter”…
I’m looking for more ideas…
Sneezles61

So all these seed catalogues are stacked up!! I hope to be planting peas by April 1… Thats usually the soonest I can work the soil in the boxes…
When do you plant peas, lettuces and spinaches?
Sneezles61