Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Garden Plans for 2021

We started a bowl with spinach seeds yesterday… In about 2 weeks, we’ll get another bowl going…
They are about 14" across and 8-10" deep…
I don’t know about planting peas on Friday… Seems as though we have to deal with snow Thursday… I can see the dirt in the boxes now… And I haven’t checked the soil temp yet…
I’m going to make some boxes for growing carrots… Elevated off the ground…
Sneezles61

Finally… albeit a month behind…. Peas, spinach, lettuce and carrots are planted…. A few more boxes to prep up and the dirt work is done… for now
Sneezles61

I’ve been working on a couple gardens. A cabbage patch and a terraced herb garden. Started some cabbage seeds. Still waiting for bud break on my vinifera vines. They are grafted on German Riesling rootstock. Everything seems to be taking their time.

1 Like

I was all around my grapes the last couple day… didn’t really look at them…
When I go wandering about this am with a cup of coffee, I’ll take look… we are expecting rain, off an on today… maybe I’ll see if I can find the floor in the garage… too many projects and I sometimes don’t clean up my toys…
Sneezles61

That is my carrot container…. I did screen the dirt with 1/4x1/4 mesh… we’ll see if it works.
Sneezles61

1 Like

This is my pea planting gizmo… wine corks cut in half and screwed to a board at 3” intervals… it’s only about 4’ long… but makes planting easier…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Very clever! We’ll plant our garden next weekend. Wife usually puts in tomatoes, banana peppers, zucchini, and cucumbers.

Our big planting day has been Memorial W/E… I believe it’s on the Victory Garden idea…
Sneezles61

Look who’s poking their little faces out of the dirt! Peas! I also planted spinach in that box and they are coming up too!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Holy crap-aroo…33*F last night,
Sneezles

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com