Garden Plans

My cherry tomatoes are up!

1 Like

Tell me what that is?
Sneezles61

It’s an AeroGarden, a small self contained hydroponic system basically. We got it for my mom because we thought she’d enjoy growing herbs or something, but she didn’t seem interested after the first use so I grabbed it to start tomatoes in this year. After these are done I’ll likely use it for herbs for the kitchen.

https://www.aerogarden.com/?cid=ppc_g&offban=google20&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyN-DBhCDARIsAFOELTkS5JEejRz0eCcyUpwkiL1JnogHgCb4bMRXaKVc1yX1YBKRq3zwrFkaApbKEALw_wcB

Here in Stockholm we’ve got an allotment 10m by 10m, and we’re really looking forward to get the season going! Unfortunately it’s still below freezing during the night, so we’ll have to wait to get going. But it’ll be the same old potatoes, carrots, beets and so on. Personally i like to grow things you can stock for the long winter months.

1 Like

Nice way of easing the lawn mowing.

2 Likes

:joy: You just earned a very hearty: “That’s awesome! Dad can we try that!” from my 13 year old who just got done mowing.

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Peas are planted…65 of them… In 3 weeks, another 65 will go on the other fence…
Bib lettuce, about 30’ row…
The worms are wiggling around… I’ve got 9 more boxes to prep by Memorial W/E… Thats when the warm weather plants go in… Where did I stash the spinach seeds…
Sneezles61

I actually saw that in someone’s yard in Liverpool, NY years ago. Took me a minute to figure out what it was. The setup was identical to the video except no laughing guy on a porch swing.

I’m intrigued by those robot mowers. I have a riding mower so it’s not difficult to mow but the technology and cool factor of the robots are attractive.

I’m TOTALLY getting one of those Husqvarna robo mowers someday! They are awesome! The place where my son and I bought our onewheels sells solar and electric powered items. I asked to see one run when I was there and they are pretty much dead silent and can run at night.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Its all fun and such, until the neighbors dog sees that thing… zooming around by its self… Let the chase begin!!
Sneezles61

I did a little research on the robo mowers while I was bored a while back and the Worx units seem to have won the best reviews. A lot depends on your lot size. Lots of setup time initially especially if there are obstructions like a “island” for plants and trees.

I like the mow at night thing. Be cool to have neighbors wonder how your lawn was always cut but never see you cut it.

I’m lobbying for a grassles property for retirement. Desert living sounds good to me. I’ve had enough mowing to last the rest of my life. If the wife wants grass I’ll definitely look into one of those robo-mowers.

Brother in law lives in Death Valley… he has a little bit around his swimming pool… claims it takes more time getting the reel mower out and putting it away than the actual mowing…
Sneezles61

If I ever have a yard again the only “grass” I’ll grow will yield fermentables.

3 Likes

Oh ooh… snow again… lettuce and peas won’t germinate just yet…
We start to warm up soon… then the stuff will poke their little faces out of the earth!
Sneezles61

1 Like

This year ive decided to become a vigneron. Ive laid out my trellises and ordered my vines from central NY. Ill be digging and setting posts this week and putting in the irrigation lines. Starting with 3 rows but have room to expand. Lets see where this goes.

2 Likes

What is that?
Sneezles61

I set up a little hydroponic system in the basement and started tomatoes in it. I’ve always bought tomato plants in the past but decided to try and start some from seed this year. So far I have 3 cherry tomatoes about 2 inches high. Going to start some brandywines and maybe bell peppers in there. Keeping the garden small this year. Just tomatoes, a couple peppers and some herbs in the little counter top aerogarden in the kitchen.

It’ll be warm here for a few days… I hope to see the peas and lettuce poke their little faces out of the earth…
Plant warm weather stuff over Memorial Day W/E…
Sneezles61

I vigneron is a grape grower. I thought it was called a vintner but i was corrected

1 Like