Funny Homebrew Commerical

Gotta admit this is pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zM5P5iOKzI

Funny, that looks very similar to my set up…ha ha. It was funny.

Bill

funny that i can make better beer and wings at home

I would have to agree and I didnt enjoy the fact that they were poking fun at homebrewers. Already seem to have a hard enough time convincing people that we are making the same beer that Craft brewers are. I’m not going to sit around kicking puppies and slapping babies over it or anything though.

I would have to agree and I didnt enjoy the fact that they were poking fun at homebrewers. Already seem to have a hard enough time convincing people that we are making the same beer that Craft brewers are. I’m not going to sit around kicking puppies and slapping babies over it or anything though.[/quote]

Yeah, the commercial is pretty harmless fun. Some of the ‘outraged’ comments on that page are pretty hilarious too, in their own right. I can just see the judging categories a few years from now: category #311b: “Meat Beers”.

You’re certainly correct about being able to make the same beer as the craft brewers (usually better, in my estimation). I can’t even remember the last time I bought a whole sixpack of any ‘craft’ product. Don’t need to, and I don’t really miss it. Once you dial your procedures in, the commercial ‘craft’ stuff kind of loses all of it’s mystique anyway.
So many of those products started out as homebrew anyway!
:cheers:

figured someone would take it personal as if they are the ones with meat in the beer.

If you are I would throw that batch out.

sssnnnnnnnfffff… this thread’ll be done in 2 minutes.

Bdubs is crap, The only reason to go was to watch every game, waitress suck, food is sub par. no worries, Make good beer people invite yout to watch the games pay you to drink your beer abd bu you decent wings.

Something really gross about Bratwurst beer!

I’ve seen this one a few times and I think it’s funny. Nothing wrong with it and if anything… shine a spotlight on homebrewing. All pub is good pub.

As for the comments you guys are making about homebrewers making the “same beer as craft brewers”, that’s a bold claim but I like your enthusiasm. I’ve always said that if you’re going to be in this hobby, the resulting beer should be “as good as” or “better” than commercial craft beer or there’s no point. C’mon brewing brothers, let’s show people that we’re NOT the guy in the commercial! :expressionless:

I love the judge when its done by foam technique. I wish I was that good.

I dunno, I find it at least a little bit offensive. Makes homebrewers look bad in my opinion, and there’s already more than enough confusion and ignorance about what homebrewing is about out there. I mean, I’m not about to write my congressman or riot in the street or anything. More of a mild annoyance.

I actually like buffalo wild wings, their wings and wedges are good, the whole family likes eating there, and the blazin sauce will give you a no joke pepper high if you eat enough of it. The beer selection isn’t great, but you can usually find one or two things worth drinking, which is more than you can say for many similar establishments.

Funny commercial…you gotta be able to take a little ribbing now and then.

Don’t like BWW, though, at least the one near me. Went in and looked at their “craft beer” menu. Bud Light Wheat, Blue Moon, Shock Top…nothing that should be considered craft beer. I walked out. I bet the wings woulda been good, though.

I totally agree with that!
It’s what has kept me brewing for so many years. That and the fact that besides being just as good (or better), the homebrew is massively less expensive compared to commercial craft.

It’s what has kept me brewing for so many years. That and the fact that besides being just as good (or better), the homebrew is massively less expensive compared to commercial craft.[/quote]
Yes, agreed. I have always said that I wanted my beer to look and taste like “beer” not “homebrew” because the word “homebrew” itself just has a tainted sound to it. I’m lukcy to have some family, friends and neighbors who are open-minded and try my beer and realize that it’s just beer. I also have a few people who look at my basement bar [and hear that I make beer] and wince a little bit as if they’re going to be handed a glass of the bratwurst beer from the commercial. This is why I don’t just want my beer to taste good but I want it to look good [clear] too! Cheers.

The fact that homebrew even made it into a commercial really shows how far the hobby has come. I was pleased to see it.

We live in a world wrought with misconceptions. So what? Are we going to quit brewing our beer? No. We respond by making better beer. Thats the beauty of Craft Beer and the American system as a whole. Misconceptions drive people to be game changers. I say good for BWW for making fun of home brewers. All it makes me want to do is make a bratwurst beer that actually tastes awesome, and then sell it in there restaurant, because theres a place for everything in this awesome world.

There’s my optimistic comment for the year. Go Beer!

Was out drinking with some softball mates and started a conversation with a nearby table. Mentioned my hobby and he said “Oh, do you make a bratwurst beer?” :evil:

It’s what has kept me brewing for so many years. That and the fact that besides being just as good (or better), the homebrew is massively less expensive compared to commercial craft.[/quote]
I’ve felt that way for a while too. It’s difficult to do, but definitely possible. It’s why I always get a little depressed when I brew a couple batches that I don’t like. I always wonder if I’ll ever get “there”. I just want to brew beer that is, like you say, as good as or better than commercial beer.

[quote=“Beersk”]
I’ve felt that way for a while too. It’s difficult to do, but definitely possible. It’s why I always get a little depressed when I brew a couple batches that I don’t like. I always wonder if I’ll ever get “there”. I just want to brew beer that is, like you say, as good as or better than commercial beer.[/quote]

I agree with this and I think the key is to remember that we’re homebrewers and we do this for a hobby. We’re not commercial brewers with a quality control person on staff so there will be times where we don’t hit it out of the park. You learn and you come back and realize that it’s 5 gallons, not 500 or whatever.

Here’s one: In 2007, my wife and I went to Vermont on a biking trip. We spent a couple of days in Burlington and before we walked into the Vermont Pub & Brewery, I told my wife that I might geek out if I see Greg Noonan. Sure enough he was there and we spent about an hour talking & drinking beer with him at the bar. At some point we were talking about batches that don’t come out quite as expected and he said, “Wait a minute…” and came back about 2 minutes later with a glass of beer and told me to taste it. He said, “Do you taste that?”. It was a German Hefeweizen (which is totally not my style) and Greg thought his brewer had ruined the yeast. He said, “There’s no way that’s right and the yeast is clearly messed up. Now I have to order another sample of the yeast from Bavaria!”. Just shows you that it happens to all of us. :cheers:

Greg and I among the fermenters: