Funky smelling blow off liquid

Howdy! I did a blow off assembly for my hefe and it’s been in the primary for about a week and a half and the sanitizer liquid in which my blow off tube is in smells funky (almost like bologna). Will that smell/funk transfer to my beer, and should I just put a regular air lock for the last 4 days in the fermenter?

Also, there is still a creamy cap on my beer–is this normal for being in the fermenter for 9 days? I’ll attach a pic if I can. Thanks for the help!

[quote=“chavez4us”]Howdy! I did a blow off assembly for my hefe and it’s been in the primary for about a week and a half and the sanitizer liquid in which my blow off tube is in smells funky (almost like bologna). Will that smell/funk transfer to my beer, and should I just put a regular air lock for the last 4 days in the fermenter?

Also, there is still a creamy cap on my beer–is this normal for being in the fermenter for 9 days? I’ll attach a pic if I can. Thanks for the help![/quote]
Not sure about the bologna smell, but if it’s stopped blowing crap into the bucket, either change the liquid or replace the blow-off with a regular airlock. (use cheap liquor if there’s no sanitizer available)
But some really thick Krausens can be pretty slow to fall. The couple of hefe’s I’ve done have had REALLY thick caps. Give the fermenter a tap once or twice a day, and don’t worry.