Full boil----Do anything differently?

Doing a full boil. Thought I heard somewhere that hops and additives go in on a different schedule? I’m doing czech pilsner. Full boil, gentle boil. Fast cold break w chiller and outside in the cold. Yeast starter. Pitching at 54 degrees. Two weeks primary. Three weeks secondary at 38 degrees. Am I missing anything?

Yes, you are missing the fact that the instructions are very general about fermentation times and that you need to let the beer tell you when it is done. 2 weeks primary - maybe, 3 weeks better, with a lager, 4 might be better yet. Transferring to secondary is personal preference, but should only occur after Primary is verified to be done

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115090&p=1007735#p1007735 viewtopic.php?f=43&t=115106#p1007729

:wink:

Full boil gives about 10% more bitterness from a given amount of hops. But its probably not something you’ll really notice.

The hops should be on the same schedule and the extract can be mixed in while the water is heating up after steeping grains, if any, have been pulled.[quote=“560sdl”]…instructions are very general about fermentation times and that you need to let the beer tell you when it is done. 2 weeks primary - maybe, 3 weeks better, with a lager, 4 might be better yet. Transferring to secondary is personal preference, but should only occur after Primary is verified to be done[/quote]This can’t be stressed enough.