Full boil and hops

bottled my first full boil partial which was the speckled hiefer from our host and seemed a little lacking in flavor(i do realize this is not an extremely flavorful brew) so i’ve done some searching and found a little info that when doing full boils with extracts more hops is needed. I’ve been playing around with the trial version of beersmith and haven’t yet figured out how to adjust the recipe.

I did a caribou slobber today and added a gallon with the last hops schedule and when I tested it seemed really flavorful so not sure if I’m over thinking it. Whats your thoughts?

It’s just the opposite. With a diluted wort, you get better hop utilization.

Thats what confused me about what i was reading because that has been the talk on here.

Where were you reading the other info?

another forum I found with a search on the subject, appearently theres even a distributor thast adjusts their kits with more hops.

another forum I found with a search on the subject, appearently theres even a distributor thast adjusts their kits with more hops.[/quote]

Link?

I would find it strange to have kits adjusted. I’m not going to go through all of NB’s or MW’s kits, but usually they put a 1oz bag of hops in. They might say to use 1/2 here, and 1/2 there. But I have never seen a .7oz bag.

The recipe will change then from year to year as the AA’s change from crop to crop.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/if-full ... ndex3.html

pg3 is where it comes up about adjusting although later in someone does correct them