Full boil adjustment

Im getting ready to brew Speckled Heifer and I’m leaning towards a full boil. Based on my research I’ll achieve a higher hop utilization. For a higher IBU beer that wouldn’t be an issue, but I’d like to make the necessary adjustment (if necessary) for this brew to keep it in the cream ale style.

So, can anyone help? I believe the recipe calls for Cluster hops in a single 60 min addition. I use ibrewmaster FWIW. If anyone knows how to find the adjustment using that I’d be much obliged.

FYI, I’m also planning on splitting the extract addition to lighten the final color.

Thanks!

If you have not made it before, SH is a very fine recipe with no modifications. If you have made it before then forget the rest here. But I’d brew it straight out and after batch 1 I’ll bet you’ll want to do it again. So mod batch 2 according to your tastes and interests. SH is not dark but my guess is you want to make a beer light in color. On batch 2 make your changes. Try it as is and you’ll at the very least have a baseline to experiment.

Just my .02

BTW, if I were you, I’d mull it over with an Italian Beef sandwich. Damn I wish I could get a Portillo’s every now and then.

Mike

The best way to decide on hop schedule with extract and full boil is to check out the recipe sheet for the all grain version. If a batch is low IBU using a low AA% hop, the recipe may not change.

[quote=“Steppedonapoptop”]BTW, if I were you, I’d mull it over with an Italian Beef sandwich. Damn I wish I could get a Portillo’s every now and then.

Mike[/quote]

+1 I miss Portillos too. <>

Also, if you dont have the set up to chill fast, that extra gallon or so will do the chilling for you.