Bill 6 lbs american 2 row
8 oz English mild crystal
1 oz black malt
! lbs Vienna malt
10 oz dark brown sugar
6 g appollo boil
15g williamette last 15
yeast safbrew s-33

6 weeks in plastic primary. no secondary.
21/2 oz table sugar in tub before bottling
tasted after 4 days in 22.oz bottle.
Comment on tasting…liquid food…about 6 1/2 %

for me ,very very tasty. a beer I would drink in a pub in England where I am from…Cheers. I have had two bottles so I hope that this makes sense!!!

This recipe looks very interesting to me. It doesn’t fit any specific style guidelines, but I bet it is very tasty anyway! It looks sort of like an Irish red ale, but lighter in color and with more complex malt flavors. Thanks for sharing.

:cheers:

[quote=“dmtaylo2”]This recipe looks very interesting to me. It doesn’t fit any specific style guidelines, but I bet it is very tasty anyway! It looks sort of like an Irish red ale, but lighter in color and with more complex malt flavors. Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: [/quote]
Thank’s for the compliment. I made it up to a degree. It was one of those experiments that was a mixture of other recipes. I do like a malty flavour with low hop taste.
I have just tasted this one after a week in the bottle,and I am very pleased with the flavour and smell!

6 lbs Briese pale 2 row. 1060- 1014.
1/2 lbs Briese Vienna.
10oz light brown sugar.

7g apollo + 2 g Willamett in boil.
9 g willamette last 15 minutes
Nottingham ale yeast.

Put the grain in at 80c.
mashed 1 1/2 hours
1 hour boil super vigorous on Edelmetal burner.Started with 5 gallons ended with 3.

Bottled straight from primary fermenter .primed in bucket. I think about 2-2 1/2 oz table sugar.
Brewed 10/11/2014. bottled 11/16/2014. Tasted 11/22/2014. Really nice and smooth. A kind of apple or pear aroma. It taste really good and I am sure if I can keep my greedy hands off, the beer will get even better. :cheers:

[quote=“emil”][quote=“dmtaylo2”]This recipe looks very interesting to me. It doesn’t fit any specific style guidelines, but I bet it is very tasty anyway! It looks sort of like an Irish red ale, but lighter in color and with more complex malt flavors. Thanks for sharing.

:cheers: [/quote]
It taste really good and I am sure if I can keep my greedy hands off, the beer will get even better. :cheers: [/quote]

Therein lies the challenge! :cheers: