From brew day to glass ASAP suggestions

Well, we carbonate in our conditioning tanks in the cold room. We do this via a large air-stone at the bottom of the tank - then turn the pressure to 40psi while letting a little bleed out the top. usually takes 2.5 - 3 hours. I’m sure our tanks are pressure tested much higher than a corney keg.

I don’t know how someone could do this on a homebrew scale. but the OP mentioned commercial brewery’s, so i figured I would walk him through our timeline

[quote=“S.Scoggin”]Well, we carbonate in our conditioning tanks in the cold room. We do this via a large air-stone at the bottom of the tank - then turn the pressure to 40psi while letting a little bleed out the top. usually takes 2.5 - 3 hours. I’m sure our tanks are pressure tested much higher than a corney keg.[/quote]Corney’s are rated to 100+ psi, so you can do this at home too with a stone on the end of the diptube and a spunding valve on the gas post set to 1-2 psi lower than the CO2 pressure so it would constantly bleed a little.

Good to know. might have to get an air stone for my corneys

:cheers:

I’ve used the stones for years have 4 or 5 of them set psi to 25 bleed off and repeat every 10 or 15 min drink within the hour. Back off the psi to what it should be and your good to go.

Just to update…

Brewed a (ahem) light cascadian dark ale Saturday. At least thats the style I am going with for now. Its fermenting really well on Super San Fran yeast…its not hop forward. Just maybe hop kissed at the end. I will follow up at kegging.

I…I don’t…wh…I…What?!

Could Gordon Strong just add a BJCP style and get rid of this style nebula we are in with hoppy black, but-not-american-stout-mouthfeel beers!?

I vote for India Black Ale.