Freezer/Ferm Chamber Condensation

I just got a little 5.9cf freezer at Home Depot for $150. Got one of those DIY temp controllers off Amazon and set it up as lagering-fermentation chamber.

I’ve got 2 kegs in there lagering at 33.5 degrees for 4-5 days now and it’s buiding up a good bit of condensation. I have the small wire for the temp probe under the lid. Is that small break in the seal causing an issue? I’ve only opened it a couple times to take out hops for brewing yesterday.

I’ve never had any issue with condensation in my keg fridge which is an upright freezer with a Johnson Controls temp controller.

How do you guys with keezer builds control condensation?

Danny, I use a big container of Damp Rid. You can buy it at Wal-Mart or anyplace like that. I also take a 2lb. box of baking soda and put it in a plastic container and place that on the bottom of my beer frige.

Cheers,
Jazzman

[quote=“jazzman”]Danny, I use a big container of Damp Rid. You can buy it at Wal-Mart or anyplace like that. I also take a 2lb. box of baking soda and put it in a plastic container and place that on the bottom of my beer frige.

Cheers,
Jazzman[/quote]
I tried one of the electronic rechargeable humidity controllers but moved to damp rid. Works well.

I have my temp control probe wire run under the lid seal and don’t have any problems.

I have the similar setup and have no issues with condensation. My freezer is 7.1cf though so a little bigger but not sure that would make much difference.

It has a drain in the bottom and I noticed the other day the plug was out so I put it back in and checked that the cover on the outside was tight. Dried it out and left it alone a couple days. There’s a little skim of ice on the upper sides of the walls but no liquid in the floor any more.

I’ll keep the damp rid in mind just in case.

Thanks for your responses guys!