Forgot to aerate starter

In making a brown ale, I forgot to aerate the 1L starter of Wlp002. I used a stir plate and got a decent slurry, even though it took off slowly (I now know why). I pitched into the brown ale wort (OG 1.044) and used oxygen and a stone. Will my forgetfulness affect the beer? The beer took off by the evening, and by the next morning I had a a decent-sized krausen. Any ill effects?

Doesn’t sound like a problem to me.

[quote=“hekkubus”]In making a brown ale, I forgot to aerate the 1L starter of Wlp002. I used a stir plate and got a decent slurry, even though it took off slowly (I now know why). I pitched into the brown ale wort (OG 1.044) and used oxygen and a stone. Will my forgetfulness affect the beer? The beer took off by the evening, and by the next morning I had a a decent-sized krausen. Any ill effects?[/quote]’’

You did aearate thats what the stir plate is doing.

At 1.044 you probably didn’t need a starter anyway.

a very small starter

[quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“hekkubus”]In making a brown ale, I forgot to aerate the 1L starter of Wlp002. I used a stir plate and got a decent slurry, even though it took off slowly (I now know why). I pitched into the brown ale wort (OG 1.044) and used oxygen and a stone. Will my forgetfulness affect the beer? The beer took off by the evening, and by the next morning I had a a decent-sized krausen. Any ill effects?[/quote]’’

You did aearate thats what the stir plate is doing.[/quote]

That was what I’d hoped. I just didn’t know whether I should have shaken it before doing the stir plate. I know the starter might be overkill with a 3 1/2 gal batch that is only 1.044, but Jamil Zaineshef mentioned on his show that doing a starter, even for a small OG beer, is useful. I also had some concerns about this yeast working well since my last WLP002 never seemed to start.

Thanks for the affirmation and responses!