Forgot to add the sugar

Yeah, just plain forgot. :shock:

So, I did not add 0.5 LB sugar to the Pliny the Elder recipe I brewed today. Gravity came out where I wanted it to despite the lack of sugar.

Do I just forget it again or should I add it directly to the fermenter. So far, it’s been about 6 hours. I have activity with a decanted 2L WL Super San Diego Strain starter.

Thanks for all input! :lol:

Not to hi-jack the post, but I’ve been looking for a good Pliny recipe. care to share?

I’m sure I got it from this forum. :lol:

I’ve done that myself. No problem adding it now or even better just as the fermentation starts slow (after a couple days). Just don’t wait for fermentation to stop. When I add sugar after I usually make a simple syrup. So I would boil about 2 cups of water (just to be safe) let is cool just a little bit then add the sugar, stir until fully dissolved, don’t boil it with the sugar but you may need to re-heat it a little. Let it cool then add it to the fermenter. Even though you hit your gravity the sugar will insure that the beer is dry enough which is very important to Pliny’s general character.

Hellbound… I would do a quick internet search for that recipe. Vinnie from RR has been very open with it so it is not hard to find.

Thanks. I was primarily thinking along the lines of helping to dry it out as well.

[quote=“Cheshire_Cat”]

Hellbound… I would do a quick internet search for that recipe. Vinnie from RR has been very open with it so it is not hard to find.[/quote]

thanks, will do.