Forgot to add the corriander and orange peel to the boil :(

I made a tragic error last night. I was brewing hoegarden clone and did everything perfectly except I forgot to add the corriander and orange peel to the boil. I’m so upset. Is there anything I can do to impart those flavors in the fermenter? Can I make a tincture? Can I somehow make a small amount of wort boiled with them and add? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred

add them to the secondary.

+1 I’ve often 'dry-hopped" with peels with excellent results.

I have asked at least ten people and the majority think the best bet is to boil the peels and coriander in a couple of cups of water or light dme and then add to the fermenter. I guess the peels would be going in so they would still be sort of dry hopping.

Fred

[quote=“Metalhophead”]I have asked at least ten people and the majority think the best bet is to boil the peels and coriander in a couple of cups of water or light dme and then add to the fermenter. I guess the peels would be going in so they would still be sort of dry hopping.

Fred[/quote]

That’s what I’d do. Even better if you pull a little out the fermenter and boil your spices in that.

So I ended up bioiling two cups of water with 1/4 cup of light dme for about ten minutes. I put the orange peel and corriander in a muslin sack and threw it in the boil. When I was done most of the liquid had soaked into the orange peel. I pour the liquid that was left and the muslin sack into the fermenter. I guess we will see what happens.

Fred