Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Forgot the flameout hops

I was brewing the Northern Brewer Smoke Bomb Smoked Chipotle Stout today and I put in the .5 ounce of Nugget hops at for 60 minutes. The store was out of the East Kent Goldings, so they had me grab the UK Fuggles instead. I added 1.5 ounces of it with 15 minutes left, but I forgot to add the remaining .5 ounce at flameout.

Should I just dry hop the last .5 ounces or what would you recommend?

Thanks

Jon

if you want to dry hop it go for it, wont hurt nothing. the left out .5 0z at flame out is no big deal. you could just save the hops for the next brew to.

[quote=“gusrotteyman”]I was brewing the Northern Brewer Smoke Bomb Smoked Chipotle Stout today and I put in the .5 ounce of Nugget hops at for 60 minutes. The store was out of the East Kent Goldings, so they had me grab the UK Fuggles instead. I added 1.5 ounces of it with 15 minutes left, but I forgot to add the remaining .5 ounce at flameout.

Should I just dry hop the last .5 ounces or what would you recommend?

Thanks

Jon[/quote]

Would you even be able to tell there were hops added at flameout in a smoked chipotle stout?

Fuggles are a LOT different than EKG. I don’t think I’d dry hop with them. And as mentioned above, you’ll probably never notice they’re not there.

WOW, I hope the guy at at Northern Brewer did not ruin my beer by suggesting Fuggles instead of the EKG.

I don’t think it will ruin your beer at all. There might be a slight difference in taste but not a bad one.

If it helps any for the future here is what I do. On a table where I am brewing I place everything that has to be added. For the hops I have plastic cups with time marked on them. I put everything in order so there is no mistake when it goes in. At the end of the day if there is nothing on the table except the recipe and my hydrometer flask filled with wort and the hydrometer, all is well.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com