Forgot sugar at flameout

Brewing second batch of Plinian Legacy Extract today, got distracted and totally forgot to add the .75 oz of sugar at flameout before hopstand to go with the hops. I use a CFC so the wort is sitting at 67 degrees in the carboy atm. I added the .75 oz sugar about an hour after the wort was in the carboy through a sanitized funnel while running my SS mixster to stir it all up while I poured it into the carboy. I have not pitched the yeast yet. Will this turn out ok?

:cheers:
Rad

Did you dissolve before adding? I’ve never done a sugar addition without dissolving in hot water first. I have added after primary ferm settled down.
Supposedly, it allows the yeast to consume complex sugars and multiply before feeding them simple sugar.

Like eating dessert after dinner. I haven’t personally compared either method, though.

It will probably be just fine. :cheers:

You won’t be able to tell the difference. Instructions to add sugar at flame out are more about eliminating the tiny chance of some bacteria hitching a ride in with the sugar. Though to tell the truth, I’m not sure how a bacteria could survive in pure sugar anyway, at high enough concentrations it will kill bacteria - that’s the primary reason jams and jellies are so sweet.

That’s what I had hoped. This is one of the disadvantages of brewing while recovering from Jetlag. Just got back from China Friday night so was doing a brew rather than a nap to push myself through and between that and getting the hops sorted for my kids (3 & 7) so they could add the flameout hops and helping them “help me” brew I totally forgot about the sugar. :lol:

Rad

It’ll be fine but I too like to add my simple sugars AFTER the yeast has had it’s dinner (high krausen). I really helps it finish dryer.

I’m assuming you actually meant 0.75 lb of sugar, not oz, but as others have said, it won’t make a difference. I dry-prime all my bottled beer and routinely add dry sugar, right out of the bag, to fermenters.

Oops, yes I did mean .75 lbs not ounces. You add sugar after high krausen instead of at flameout? I may have to keep that in mind for the next time I try this. Thanks for the tip.

Rad