Forcing in 24 hours?

Is it doable? I ask, because I have a keg of maibok I want to bring to a picnic on Saturday, but my new reg won’t be here until Friday(If UPS is not lying to me).

Thanks!

2 ways to quickly carb beer is to attach a tube to the gas in with a diffusion stone on the end. Place the stone in the bottom of the beer and set the regulator to 2-3 PSI and let it sit for a few mintues (approx. 5 mins). Continue to raise the PSI by 2 until you reach the PSI you are shooting for. You need to let it rest for 5 mins between each adjustment. It will take awhile but should still be completed.

You can try the shake method. Although, I will warn you upfront that it is very EASY to over carb your beer this way. This time you set the PSI to 15 or so and place on the gas. Wait for the hissing to stop (gas flowing in) and shake or roll the keg. Continue to do this until you have reached the desired carbonation levels.

Both can easily over carb so good luck!

You should be able to accomplish it by putting the gas on the “out” tube. Follow Loopie’s advice on raising the pressure.

If you follow the 2nd process, the beer will not absorb more CO2 than what the regulator is set for. If you have it set for 15psi and the beer temp is 45*, you can not get more than 2.51 volumes of CO2 in the beer.

http://www.kegerators.com/carbonation-table.php

If you set the regulator to 50psi and shake it, you do risk over carbonating the keg. Unless the beer temp is above the 70’s.

Thanks guys!

The beer is already in the keg, and I have no stone. So, I will put the gas on the liquid side and see what I get. My fridge is at 37F, so I shouldn’t need to go above 10psi or so. Also, I have had it mildly pressurized with a handheld charger for quite a while now. I did this to protect against oxidation during the aging process.

You don’t need a stone and you don’t need to carbonate via the out.

Just set the regulator to 30 and shake the keg for about 5 minutes or so.
Detach the gas and put the keg in your fridge. When it is cold (a few hours), take out most of the head pressure, and reconnect the gas at your serving pressure. It will certainly get you “close enough” for a party.

[quote=“Wahoo”]You don’t need a stone and you don’t need to carbonate via the out.

Detach the gas and put the keg in your fridge. When it is cold (a few hours), take out most of the head pressure, and reconnect the gas at your serving pressure. It will certainly get you “close enough” for a party.[/quote]

+1 but if the beer is cold like mentioned, it will take about 30-45 seconds (or less) to achieve the desired carbonation level.

[quote=“Brewbeer22”][quote=“Wahoo”]You don’t need a stone and you don’t need to carbonate via the out.

Detach the gas and put the keg in your fridge. When it is cold (a few hours), take out most of the head pressure, and reconnect the gas at your serving pressure. It will certainly get you “close enough” for a party.[/quote]

+1 but if the beer is cold like mentioned, it will take about 30-45 seconds (or less) to achieve the desired carbonation level.[/quote]

Don’t I know it! I of course, over-carbed it like a Boss! I’m slowly bringing it down…