Force carb beer in one week

Hi everyone,

I just completed my first two kegs today. I am force carbing two kegs with a split off the CO2 tank. I put them in my fridge at 38F so I put the PSI at 12 where it will sit for the next week. I will let it sit for 2-3 days and then check it.

However, I have been informed that at this rate the beer won’t be carbed for another 2-3 weeks. I am going to a beach house in one week and wanted the beer carbed by then.

How would I go about getting my beer carbed in one week?

Thanks for your help!

[quote=“lmarkis”]Hi everyone,

I just completed my first two kegs today. I am force carbing two kegs with a split off the CO2 tank. I put them in my fridge at 38F so I put the PSI at 12 where it will sit for the next week. I will let it sit for 2-3 days and then check it.

However, I have been informed that at this rate the beer won’t be carbed for another 2-3 weeks. I am going to a beach house in one week and wanted the beer carbed by then.

How would I go about getting my beer carbed in one week?

Thanks for your help![/quote]

For my system, I carb at 30 psi for two days and then turn the pressure down to serving pressure. Normally two days at high pressure and two days at serving pressure and the beer is ready to go. You need to be cautious about keeping the pressure high as it is easy to over carb. Check the beer every day and make changes as needed.

Or you could simply set the regulator for 1-2 psi over target, and then shake the keg while it is held on it’s side. Cool it first, and keep shaking till you stop hearing bubbles inside the keg. Then dial back the pressure. Fully carbed in about 15 minutes, though I typically leave it at least overnight to let things settle a bit.