Fool proof carbonation

I’m looking for a simple way to get the perfect carbonation level. I normally use dextrose and weigh out my priming sugar with a scale. What I have problems with knowing the volume before boiling my priming sugar. I rack on top of the cooled priming sugar. This time I will be racking from a secondary that I marked with volume measurements. So I have a good idea on volume this time. Also is it current beer temperature or fermentation temperature? I know temperature impacts dissolved C02. I love having bottles of beer but is kegging the best way to achieve accurate carbonation levels.

I don’t know if kegging is best way but it’s easier for sure. Does your calculator ask for beer temp? I would assume that meant fermentation temp. Also you could go light on the sugar and add a little more if you need to.

Use the highest stable temp post active fermentation. Don’t use current temp, but if you finished it off at say 68°F for a few days and then cold crashed for a week, use 68°F.

What I’ve started doing is racking to a bottling bucket that is marked with volume lines so I know how much I have, then weighing out the appropriate priming sugar into a glass measuring cup, adding 1.5-2 cups of water, stir for a moment, and then microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It’s just enough time to boil the water in the measuring cup. Then add it to the beer and GENTLY stir for 30 seconds or so with a long handled sanitized spoon.

What Porkchop said!

Since I’ve been bottling in this manner, I’ve had no problems dialing in my carbonation.

Cheers,

Ron