Foam from first couple pours

So i get foam for my first couple pours. If I leave it for for 30mins/hour I get the foam again. I pretty much use 10psi with 5 feet of 3/16 plastic tube. I use homebrew and commercial beer. For most of the time the homebrew has a nice head. Its the commercial beer I get the problem. also I keep the keezer at 34 degrees. are my lines to short?

What are you pouring out of? Towers have tendency to foam because there is no cold airflow in the tower and the beer warms up. As the beer wrm CO2 comes out of solution hence the foam.

Whenever I have used a commercial keg they fam more. Not sure if they up the carb level or what. Try off gassing and pouring with a little less pressure.

Yup, I agree, drop the pressure a bit. 10 psi is too high for 34 degrees. The warm faucet is the culprit along with the volumes of CO2 being a bit high. I’d also recommend closer to 9-10 feet of beer line.

I keep mine 33-34F too and at 10psi I get lots of foam. At 8psi I get the perfect pour. I have 6ft hoses.

cheers.

I use two perlick faucets. In gonna try 8psi with 5ft line. If i make then lines longer what should I make them?

[quote=“stabu”]I use two perlick faucets. In gonna try 8psi with 5ft line. If i make then lines longer what should I make them?[/quote]9 feet works great. You can always cut a foot off but it is hard to add a foot.

Gas lines are fine at 5 feet, correct?

Yup. Gas line length shouldn’t matter.

Gas lines are cut at whatever length you need to reach. Mine vary from 2’ to 4’ depending on how far the keg is from the manifold.