Foam and Beer

I transfered a Wit Beer with American Ale WPL001 as the yeast strain from primary into secondary. There was a reasonable amount of foam in the primary and after transferring it to secondary, more foam has appeared. Any suggestions? I tasted and smelled it upon transfer and it tasted fine. If it matters, the room it was stored in warmed up to around 70*F for a few days. Thanks in advance.

It’s pretty normal to have some foam appear in the secondary sometimes. You probably roused the yeast back into suspension just a bit. How long was it in primary before you transferred it? Sometimes, transferring early will also result in a new cap of foam. You may have awakened it a bit.

In any case, it’s not a big deal…it’ll probably finish up fine.

It was in primary for 7 days but I think it was initially too warm so when I moved it to The other room it started up again, then I transferred it early maybe?

There is also a fair amount of dissolved CO2 that you would have knocked out of solution by racking. But if the krausen keeps up then it was probably rousing the yeast.

7 days in primary is pretty short. Looks like it is still in the middle of primary.

Yep, 7 days is too short no matter what the directions says. I leave mine in the primary for 3 to 4 weeks, sometimes longer and i never ever had any foam issues, just flat finished beer.