Fly in the carboy

[quote=“tom sawyer”]Did you grab it and yell “spit it out ye little basthid?” If so then you’re Irish.

Low probability that the beer will be infected. Just in case I’d drink it promptly. If you’re Irish then I needn’t have given that advice.[/quote]

Actually, it’s “ye wee bastard” and I think that makes him Scottish. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“tom sawyer”]Did you grab it and yell “spit it out ye little basthid?” If so then you’re Irish.

Low probability that the beer will be infected. Just in case I’d drink it promptly. If you’re Irish then I needn’t have given that advice.[/quote]

Actually, it’s “ye wee bastard” and I think that makes him Scottish. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Great post… Got a kick out of it for sure. Brewers seem to be just good people for the most part. Helping others with a little humor mixed in to calm down our worries about mistakes is just fantastic. I love this hobby!

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“tom sawyer”]Did you grab it and yell “spit it out ye little basthid?” If so then you’re Irish.

Actually, it’s “ye wee bastard” and I think that makes him Scottish. :slight_smile: [/quote]
Yes, Father! The Lord thinks the beer is drinkable, but he’s pretty sure you’re fooked.

Go Irish!

[quote=“bunderbunder”]I ain’t afraid of open fermentation, and I suppose the occasional fly is inevitable there.

How about that Anchor Steam? Or Sierra Nevada? Good stuff, eh? :wink: [/quote]

I can’t speak for Sierra, but Anchor’s open fermenters are inside rooms with filtered air. I’m not sure it’s technically a “clean room”, but I bugs are not flying in there.

Ah yes, when I heard the joke I’d been drinking. Go figure.

I think “bashtid” might also imply Scottish - Sean Connery, to be precise.

Sean Connery’s parents weren’t married? :oops:

Sean Connery’s parents weren’t married? :oops: [/quote]

Iunno. Will that make someone pronounce the word like that?

This has been maybe the most entertaining thread ever. Thanks Guys! :cheers:

Just an update. Open the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd yesterday. The brew was great. Thanks for all the reply’s. This is a great spot for info, and some funny sh*t too!

[quote=“tookalisten”]Depends; do you have a cow pasture nearby :smiley:

I was racking my beer to a fermentation bucket once and my big yellow lab walks up and shakes - looked like a blanket of hair went into the bucket - this was cooled and before fermentation.

I decided to get out what I could and just go with it. Called it “Yellow Dog IPA”. Turned out just fine.[/quote]

Would’ve gone with “Yellow Labcoat Experiment” myself, but to each his own.