Fly in cider!

So I’m doing another cider, went to the same orchard as last year and was all excited to get it going. I went to add my campden tabs and noticed an ugly, disgusting, no good damn dead fly in my carboy. I pitched the tabs anyway, but I’m really wondering if I should even continue.

I’m sure it will be fine, but it’s kind of grossing me out. So here I am, wondering what you guys would do. Let me know, thanks!

I’ve had bugs in my wort before and fermented them in no problem, but a fly, they are kind of gross especially from a farm. I’m not telling you what to do but since you asked, what I would do is dump it. Even if it was fine every time I drank some I would think about that SOB.

I bet it will turn out fine. I would ferment it and drink it, with the understanding that it might not turn out.

This. Just fish it out, and continue. It is very unlikely that there will be a problem. After all, almost all processed foods you buy contain things that have fallen into or been swept into the process. That’s why the USDA has guidelines for the allowable percentage of insects, rat, hair, sawdust and other undesirables that can be in foods.

So I just wanted to let you guys know the outcome, and a thank you all for the input! Yes I did end up fishing it out and continuing with the cider, figuring that the tablets would take care of anything that it may have flown in with.
So I just keg bed it 2 nights ago, and it is by far the best cider of made to date. I’m sure not because of the damn fly however!
So either way, glad I reluctantly didn’t dump it, and yes it does come to mind when I drink it but I can’t help pouring more of this amazing cider!
Thanks again.

All that worry for nothing.