Flatulence Sniffing

Maybe our poor man’s swill is going to start playing around in the world of the bourgeois…

These guys are the only ones (AFAIK) doing beer auctions. Value is based on the ability to age well. And yes, the auction is today.

http://www.skinnerinc.com/auctions/fine ... /index.php

Not too sure about the title of your post but some of that stuff would be cool to have. I don’t think I could ever drink something I paid that much for though :slight_smile:

The title refers to the insufferable, pedantic, and elitist culture that can often surround oenophilia, and whether brewophilia will (or has) reached that point.*

*Ref: South Park S10, E2; Ep141. “Smug Alert”, South Park Studios; (http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-ep … smug-alert), 2006.

Besides preferring the taste of beer to wine, I also prefer the culture- more blue collar and working man as opposed to the more elitist and snobby. I know these are generalities, and exceptions do exist but stereotypes are formed based on truths.

I’ll pass on the $60-80 per bottle.

I actually think this could be a good thing believe it or not. By getting some serious high dollars attached to them, it might give brewers a financial incentive to brewing really good high gravity and sour beer. Beer is typically heavy n’ cheap, which is one of the many reasons why production went that way in the 60’s.

[quote=“Helvetica”]Besides preferring the taste of beer to wine, I also prefer the culture- more blue collar and working man as opposed to the more elitist and snobby. I know these are generalities, and exceptions do exist but stereotypes are formed based on truths.

I’ll pass on the $60-80 per bottle.[/quote]

How about the $1600 bottle!??

Like most things, I’ve found huge pr!cks in the beer world, and in the wine world. Have also come across people that are unpretentious, helpful, and a blast to hang with in both worlds.

I honestly have a tough time spending much more than $20 on a 750ml/large format bottle. Not saying I wouldn’t (or that I haven’t), but I’d rather spend the money on ingredients and make it myself. Most of what we brew on our half bbl system is beer that can be aged for years and years. Part of the enjoyment for me comes from cellaring stuff. But usually stuff I made :mrgreen: