First whirlfloc addition, wow!

I’ve been brewing 5 gallon batches for the past year and have enjoyed the process immensely. I had never used any fining agents before and wanted to see what kind of difference it might make on the clarity of my beer. I just brewed up the Chinook IPA kit yesterday and added a whirlfloc tablet 15 minutes before the end of the boil. My CFC took 5 gallons down to 65 degrees in about 8 minutes. I love cold ground water in the winter. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cheers:
Rad

Works like a charm! My preferred additive for sure.

Try using 1/2 tab per 5 gal. at 5 min. til flameout. That’s what the manufacturer recommends.

So is it better than Irish moss? I have been using that and it seems to work pretty well.

In my testing it works no better. It’s pretty much the same thing. It’s simply an alternative.

Ah, thanks for the tip. The label on the container from my LHBS told me to use 1 tablet for 15 minutes. I’ll halve that next time and drop in with 5 mins left.

:cheers:
Rad

Weird you just tried that because on my last batch I just tried that too! It was probably about a week ago, but I definitely didn’t get results like that.

There is some globbing together effect (for lack of what it actually is called which I don’t know), but not a lot more than what I typically notice.

I used a half tab at 5 min. though.